Oxide activator for metal surfaces | Mettal Activator
Mettal Activator is a rust activator that reacts when it comes into contact with metallic particles creating all kinds of high decoration metallic rust finishes. A high-performance rust activator that has been designed to accelerate the process of oxidation of our Classic Mettal metallic paint and our Pure Mettal metallic coating.
Likewise, this water-based rust activator can also be used on all types of ferrous surfaces, bronze, copper and brass to create the most distinguished and sophisticated rust finishes and effects. Optimal rust activator for both indoors and outdoors.Download the technical sheet of Mettal Activator here
Technical features of Mettal Activator rust activator
The Mettal Activator rust activator can be applied on facades, porches and interior rooms.
Accelerates the oxidation of our coatings and metallic paints.
Increase the accuracy, comfort, and quality of the rust activator application.
Optimal rust activator for also applying on bronze, copper and brass.
Mettal Activator is a rust activator. Therefore, depending on the desired rust finish and effect, consumption can vary between 13-15 m² per litre.
The Mettal Activator rust activator is presented in:
400 mL container with sprayer.
1 L bottle without sprayer.
How to apply the Mettal Activator rust activator
The application of the Mettal Activator rust activator varies depending on the surface on which a specific concrete metallic rust finish is desired. Below we explain how to apply the Mettal Activator rust activator on our coatings and metallic paints Classic Mettal and Pure Mettal. To know the rest of the application possibilities offered by our rust activator, see the technical sheet.
Application of Mettal Activator rust activator on Classic Mettal and Pure Mettal
1. 24 hours after the last hand of Pure Mettal or Classic Mettal, sand the surface with 120 grain to facilitate the oxidation of the metallic particles.
2. Apply first coat of Mettal Activator rust activator. Let it act for between 3 and 4 hours.
3. Apply second coat of Mettal Activator rust activator until desired metallic rust finish is achieved. Allow to dry for 24 hours.
4. Seal the surface with two coats of water-based acrylic varnish Presealer, allowing 4 hours of drying time between coats.
5. Finally protect the surface with two coats of water-based polyurethane varnish Topsealer WT One Coat, allowing 24 hours of drying time between coats.