How to apply microcement: everything you need to know
In this exclusive section for professionals of microcement, you will find multiple advices from our team of experts on how to apply microcement in walls, floors, interiors, exteriors and swimming pools.
You will learn which type of microcement is the most appropriate according to the surface to be coated and the existing material, as well as the specific tools you need for an optimal result: spatulas, trowels, rollers, etc.
In this area you will also find the different techniques for applying microcement depending on the finish you are looking for. Microcement is a coating that offers multiple decorative possibilities.
Microcement application step by step: application method
The process of applying microcement depends on the Topciment microcement system chosen.
However, in general terms, the application of microcement on floors and walls is as follows:
- Condition the work surface, lay the mesh and apply the primer or adhesion promoter.
- Apply two coats of preparatory or base microcement, on a mesh, which will serve as a substrate for the finishing microcement.
- Next, apply two coats of finishing microcement. This is the one that combines the desired texture and colour, giving the final appearance to the surface.
- Finally, to protect the microcement, apply two coats of Presealer and two coats of Topsealer
How to apply microcement on floors
Microcement floors are a trend because they are a durable and resistant decorative solution that offers a high level of personalisation. We show you how to apply microcement step by step on floors, both on interior and exterior surfaces.
At Topciment we have developed several microcement systems ( one-component, two-component and ready-to-use) with which to obtain different textures and finishes. Below we explain the application of microcement on floors.
Application of microcement on indoor and outdoor floors
How to apply microcement on walls
The use of microcement on walls has become widespread thanks to its industrial appearance, its quick installation and high adhesion as well as its high resistance to cracks, among many other qualities. It is therefore not surprising that we find more and more microcement walls not only in private homes, but also in large commercial premises such as hotels or restaurants.
But what is the application of microcement on walls? In this section we explain how to apply microcement on walls, step by step, both on interior and exterior surfaces.
Application of microcement on interior and exterior walls
How to apply microcement in swimming pools
Microcement pools are in trend. The waterproof and non-slip properties of microcement are some of the keys to its success. Not to mention that practically any design is possible in a microcement pool, which is tremendously attractive on a visual level.
At Topciment, we are aware of the countless advantages of this decorative coating when building a swimming pool, and we have designed "Atlanttic", a specific line of microcement for swimming pools.
Application of "Atlanttic" microcement in swimming pools
Below, we explain the steps for the application of microcement in swimming pools with our "Atlanttic" system. Whether it is an indoor pool or an outdoor pool, the same process must be followed.
Tips on how to apply microcement correctly
If you still have any doubts about how to apply microcement, don't miss this series of tips:
- Generalities of application
- Conditions prior to application and preparation of the substrate
- Mixing one-component and two-component microcement
- Application of preparatory and finishing microcement
- Application of the sealer
- Different effects on the finish
- How to avoid unwanted stains or marks when applying microcement