How to apply?
Before the application of Efectto Quartz, it is necessary to prepare the surface with a
The application of Efectto Quartz will be apply in several layers with the trowel, the
in interior, exterior, in vertical and horizontal surface, always if the surface is even
It is important that the layers are thin, otherwise cracks should appear. Allow 4 hour of
drying time between layers.
Once the product is dry, it should seal with Topsealer finish.
The following that has to consider:
- Never apply on natural woods or substrate from different expansion ways.
de forma diferente.
- The substrate has to be consolidated.
- The surface it has to be dry, free of dust and oil.
- The planimetry will determine the final aspect.
The heating protocol is as follows:
1. Turn on the heating at least 4 weeks after placing the cement mortar.
2. Maintain the water entering the circuits at 25°C throughout 2 or 3 days. Then gradually
increase the water temperature to 45°C and keep it on for several days.
3. Turn off the heating for at least 48 hours before starting the microcement application.
maximum floor temperature should be 18°C.
Microcement floors should be applied to cementitious mortars that have
reached an advanced setting stage. This occurs after three or four weeks drying-out,
on the weather. In any case, it is essential that the mortar is practically dry. To achieve
this, there should be a maximum of 5% humidity in the support, which must be checked with a
relative humidity meter.
We recommend using quality self-levelling cement mortars.
Supports with powdery mortars are not at all suitable, since the base state for the
must be consistent, if otherwise then the base should be consolidated.
After applying the microcement, at least 48 hours should pass before the
is gradually turned on (+5°C each day).
Always change the temperature gradually, both at the beginning and at the end of the heating
Make sure that the relative air humidity in the rooms is not too low.
Always avoid an accumulation of heat caused by rugs and carpets, or the lack of space between
furniture and the floor.
Important! Between the floor and the vertical faces there will always
joint to permit dilation. Failure to comply with this indicated requirement may result in